Best Ever Waffles

I love family traditions, especially ones involving food. This particular waffle recipe was given to my Dad from a former teacher of his, who also happens to be my god mother. I don't know how she got the recipe, but it has been a favorite of my family's for years. We used to make this breakfast every Sunday morning before church. Now that we are all watching our waistlines a little more, this recipe isn't made quite as often. But this is certainly a go-to recipe of my family's, and if you try it I'm sure it'll be a new go-to for your family as well.


Fun Fact: I debuted this recipe on food.com back in 2002. This was the year that my passion for food, cooking, baking, and trying new recipes really took off. Check out the recipe: Best Ever Waffles. 267 ratings and reviews to date and a rating of 4.5 stars!!

(I've tweaked the recipe slightly from the one published in 2002 to make it a little more waistline friendly; feel free to try either or both recipes. If you do, leave a comment and let me know what you think!)

Best Ever Waffles
(Serves 6-8)

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 3/4 cups skim milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat waffle iron.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.

Separate eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture and placing the whites in a separate bowl. Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside

Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend on low speed with an electric mixer.

Fold in stiff egg whites.

Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Information:
8 servings
Per serving:
Calories: 185
Fat: 9g
Fiber: 0.5g

Pros:
-Easy to make
-Great for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast dinner
-Crowd pleaser
-Light and airy waffles full of flavor

Cons:
- Caloric (especially if you don't skimp on the syrup)

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. A really good post man, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips