Root Beer Float Cocktail

Root beer is a great mixer for vodka cocktails. When I was in college, my standard pregame drink was vodka and root beer. Root beer has a distinct and strong flavor that masks the unpleasant alcoholic bite of cheap vodka (which, let's be serious, was a staple for me and my college budget).


Now that I'm a bit older, wiser, and richer, I can splurge on better quality vodka. When I saw that Three Olives made a root beer flavored vodka, I knew I had to create a more sophisticated version of my old favorite cocktail. Plus, my two roommates from college were coming to visit me in D.C., so it was perfect timing to try this new drink for nostalgia's sake. This new version turned out really well. Give it a try the next time you are craving a root beer float with a kick.

Root Beer Float Cocktail
(Serves 1)

1 ounce root beer vodka
1 ounce vanilla vodka
4 ounces diet ginger ale

Mix all ingredients together. Serve over ice.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Information:
1 serving
Per serving:
Calories: 146
Fat: 0g
Fiber: 0g

Pros:
-Easy to make
-Minimal ingredients
-Masks the alcohol flavor

Cons:
-Depending on where you live, root beer vodka might not be available at your liquor store

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips