Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookie

Happy Labor Day everyone! If your long weekend has been anything like mine, it has been a mix of relaxing and stressful. I took a little road trip up to the Connecticut shore to visit some family. While the beach was gorgeous, the weather was perfect, and seeing my family is always a pleasure, the traffic insisted on putting a damper on the weekend. New York City and Connecticut traffic, I loathe you.


BUT thankfully everything else about my weekend was a success and I made it back to D.C. safe and sound. Since I have been out of town and not in my own kitchen all weekend, meal planning was limited and mostly out of my control. However, I was able to throw together this delicious breakfast.


This gigantic breakfast cookie is the perfect combination of healthy, tasty, chewy, filling, and satisfying. I made an oatmeal raisin version, but you could certainly eliminate the raisins and add chocolate chips or fruit. The possibilities are endless with this sweet-but-not-too-sweet breakfast. Or, go all out and make this gigantic cookie for dessert and load it up with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and any other guilty pleasures you are currently craving. Since it is the last day of a long weekend for most of us, go ahead and treat yourself to this scrumptious cookie that will be ready in less than 5 minutes so you can get back to making the most of your (hopefully) stress and labor free day.

Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookie (adapted from The Spiffy Cookie)
(1 large cookie, serves 2)

1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup fat free plain or vanilla greek yogurt
2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup raisins

Add all of the ingredients except the raisins to a bowl and mix together until well combined. Fold in raisins. Spoon mixture into the center of a microwave safe plate. Form into a circle and gently pat dough, making sure the cookie is even. Microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until cookie is no longer sticky on top. Eat immediately.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 255.7
Total Fat: 1.6 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 18.0 mg
Total Carbs: 55.2 g
Fiber: 3.3 g
Sugars: 25.9 g
Protein: 8.0 g

Pros:
-Easy to make
-Ready in less than 5 minutes
-Easy clean-up
-Delicious and sweet (but not too sweet)
-Great for breakfast, snack, or dessert
-Versatile-add any type of fruit, chocolate chips, candy

Cons:
-High in sugar

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love oatmeal for breakfast and I'm looking forward to trying this one. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed with oatmeal, so I am always looking for new ways to make it. This recipe is definitely a winner. Let me know how you like it! And thanks for hosting your Mix it up Monday link party. I enjoy browsing all of the delicious recipes and creative crafts!

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! Thanks for adding your link to Breakfast Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips