Skinny Banana Oatmeal Cookies

Anyone have any fun getaway plans coming up, like jetting off to a tropical island or a relaxing on a long cruise? Around this time each year I find myself missing summer and craving warm sunshine, sand between my toes, and the sound of waves crashing. Not only do I find myself missing the beach but I also find myself wishing that I could turn into a bear, hibernate, and wake up when it's warm again. If you need to know something about me, it's that I love heat and will do anything to avoid cold weather. Until I can get powers to make myself turn into a bear half of the year, I settle by taking a trip each year to someplace warm. A few years ago it was the Bahamas, then Aruba, and this year is Costa Rica. I couldn't be more excited to visit Costa Rica for the first time and escape the cold, dreary weather in D.C.

Along with warm weather comes minimal clothing...and exposing new, unwanted curves that winter clothes normally cover. In hopes of getting in tip-top shape for Costa Rica, I am trying to tone-up and lose those few pesky holiday pounds. Check out my Healthy Recipe Roundup to see recipes that I've been making to help me achieve those results. In addition to those recipes, I've also been loving these Skinny Banana Oatmeal Cookies.


These cookies remind me of banana bread, but in a cake-like cookie with delicious chocolate (or white chocolate, in this case) chips mixed in. If you are a fan of banana bread, you are going to love this recipe. Not to mention that you only need one bowl and 30 minutes to mix and bake these cookies. Skinny and easy, now that's my kind of recipe.


Skinny Banana Oatmeal Cookies (adapted from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life)
(2 dozen cookies)

2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour can be substituted)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups oats (regular or quick)
1 cup chocolate, white chocolate, or peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper.

Mix the mashed bananas, melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until incorporated. Add the vanilla and egg to the batter and mix. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly mix ingredients together until well mixed. Fold in oats and chocolate chips. The dough will not be very stiff.

Spoon tablespoon size cookie dough onto cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown. Cool cookies on sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 115.0
Total Fat: 3.8 g
Cholesterol: 10.3 mg
Sodium: 30.0 mg
Total Carbs: 22.0 g
Fiber: 1.8 g
Sugars: 13.3 g
Protein: 2.0 g

Pros:
-Very easy to make
-One bowl recipe
-Mixed and baked in under 30 minutes
-Skinny, cake-like cookies that are satisfying and low in calories and fat
-Versatile-add different flavor chocolate chips to cookie dough

Cons:
-Has a strong banana flavor (similar to banana bread)-if you don't like bananas, you won't like these cookies

Elaine

16 comments:

  1. Hello Elaine!
    I'm new here (stopping by from the Grow Your Blog Hop).
    I just made some banana cookies last week that were full of sugar and honestly, not all that great. I am going to pin this and see if my family likes them any better.
    I'm following you on Twitter and Pinterest now.
    Happy Thursday!
    Ang
    http://jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Ang! I hope your family likes these cookies better...they definitely didn't hang around my house very long. Can't wait to check out your blog!

      Delete
  2. I loooooooove banana flavored desserts! Such an underrated flavor for cakes, cookies and bars. And adding oatmeal and white chocolate is simply brilliant, Elaine! I could put down an entire batch of these bad boys no problem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I'm going to start bringing banana back. :) And girl, don't you know that I DID polish off this entire batch all.by.myself. Good thing they are skinny!

      Delete
  3. Just made these tonight and ate one as I was transferring to the cooling rack and they are delicious! You are right they are very similar to banana bread, but in cookie form! I had some bananas to use up and this was the perfect recipe!

    Thanks!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you liked them Jess! I made them for Mom and Dad this past weekend and they were raving about them too. This is definitely one of my new favorites.

      Delete
  4. Hi ya, I am visiting from grow your blog links hop. I am now following you on twiter and pinterest. What yummy cookies. And healthy to boot. Thanks for these.

    http://recipesfromapantry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad that you stopped by. These cookies are delicious and skinny, so you don't feel guilty eating a few. And if you love banana bread, you definitely need to try these!

      Delete
  5. I am a sucker for a healthier version of a delicious treat. These look so good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Hannah. I love skinny sweets! These are one of my favorite skinny sweet recipes right now. I've made a few batches-one with white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and nuts-and they all turned out delicious!

      Delete
  6. These are amazing!! I made them with peanut butter chips. The whole family loves them. Hard to eat just 1. We will be using this over and over. Thanks for sharing!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can i keep shut after beating herpes that has been marked incurable by the medical doctors ! herbal Dr Ogudugu on YouTube helped me cure the herpes simplex permanently with his roots and herbs supplement remedy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtbZBD5BRBM&t=2s

    Website: https://greatogudugu.wixsite.com/website

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus in 2020 and I have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try , when i contact this herbalist and he prepared a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via FEDEX delivery company service, when i received this herbal cure, he gave me step by directions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was totally cured of this horrible disease within 14days of usage, i went to the hospital for a test and it was negative. I can tell the public now that I am now free from the horrible disease called herpes, all thanks to Dr. OLIHA that is why I want to leave his email address and What's app contact just if you want to contact him for help. you reach this great herbal doctor via his call or WhatsApp on +2349038382931 email on (oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com) website on: https://olihamiraclemedicine.webs.com/ ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got diagnose of herpes virus last year, and i was taking some drugs prescribed for me by my family doc the drugs could not work and the herpes in my system was very terrifying that i was so depressed the good news is that i never gave up in searching for natural cure for herpes virus ,cause i believe so much in herbal medication.. One faithful morning i read a comment from a lady called Destiny Hudson on how she was cured with natural herbs made by DR.OYAGU from somewhere is West Africa, i immediately copied out his contact email via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com and explain all my herpes problem to him via his email. the big truth is that it took just two week for his herbal medication to cure me completely without side affect. Till date am herpes virus free and all thanks to Dr OYAGU for his good deeds for me, Once again am very happy to share this great testimony of DR OYAGU cure hurry up now and contact him via his email address (oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com Call & WhatsApp him on (+2348101755322 ) and see what he can do

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am here to appreciate Dr.Enato for using his herbal medicine to cure me from Herpes virus. For 4 years now I have been living with this virus and it has been giving me challenges, I was so perplexed because I have been taking several drugs to be cured but all of my effort was in vain. One morning I was browsing through the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr.Enato cures people from Herpes virus and other kinds of disease so immediately i contacted him on his email: dr.enatoherbalcure@gmail.com and explained my troubles to him then he assured me that he will cure me, he gave me some instructions which i followed. Then he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me which i used for 3 weeks and everything was like a dream to me when i discovered that the Herpes virus was totally gone, I hereby recommend Dr.Enato to everyone suffering from herpes or any kind of disease he has a cure to them all. Also he is a very good and honest Doctor. contact him with this email address: dr.enatoherbalcure@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348071351544

    ReplyDelete
  11. God bless Dr Akhigbe for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of Herpes Virus since over a month now and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the Herpes virus out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for Herpes i saw a comment about Dr Akhigbe, how he cured Herpes with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 7 days later i was cured from Herpes ,thank you for anyone that may need the medication you can contact him for your urgent cure Drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com or Whats App +2349021374574.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips