Skinny Cake Batter Dip

With spring right around the corner, I can hardly wait for all of the fresh produce that will soon be available. I'm not a fan of winter for a lot of reasons, but the lack of fresh fruits and vegetables is at the top of my list. For someone who could eat berries all day, every day, having to settle for frozen and/or imported berries just doesn't cut it. Bring on spring and all of your delicious fruit.

Because I've had to settle for mediocre fruits, which mostly consist of apples, bananas, and the occasional grapefruit, I need something to spruce up my otherwise boring snack. Don't get me wrong, I love my apples. But sometimes an apple needs a little help. Peanut butter or Nutella are a standard go-to, but I wanted to try something different. This Skinny Cake Batter Dip is the perfect "something different".


With only a few ingredients and minimal time required, this dip is mixed and ready to be chilled in about five minutes. You can eat it as soon as everything is mixed, but it is sooo much better the next day. Just take my word for it. Dip an apple slice in it, grab a pretzel, or turn this skinny dip not so skinny and dunk a cookie or other sweet treat in it. Or heck, take a spoon to the bowl and go to town. This dip is the perfect balance of light and airy, with enough sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth without sending you into a sugar coma.


So, until spring brings all of its fresh goodness to the produce aisles of your local store, have a bowl of this ready to dip your blah bananas or apples in. It'll turn that blah fruit into delicious fruit!

Skinny Cake Batter Dip (adapted from Something Swanky)
(8-10 servings)

1 8-ounce container Cool Whip Free, room temperature
1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 box Funfetti cake mix (or your favorite flavor cake mix)

Combine the thawed Cool Whip and vanilla Greek yogurt in a bowl. Mix ingredients together until well incorporated. Add the cake mix and slowly stir into Cool Whip mixture. The batter will be very thick. If you want a slightly thinner dip, add 1/4 cup of milk and stir into mixture. If it is still too thick, add the remaining 1/4 cup of milk and stir until everything is well mixed.*

Cover and chill the dip overnight. When ready to serve, stir the dip again. Serve with fruit and pretzels, or your favorite dippers.

*I only used 1/4 cup of milk total and thought the dip was a great consistency.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info 
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 163.3
Total Fat: 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 201.1 mg
Total Carbs: 30.9 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Sugars: 17.4 g
Protein: 2.8 g

Elaine

2 comments:

  1. Never thought of spicing up my fruit with cake batter...what could I use as a substitute for Cool Whip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a delicious snack! I haven't made this recipe without Cool Whip, but I can offer some suggestions. You could try using all vanilla Greek yogurt--substitute 2-3 cups of yogurt for the Cool Whip. This would change the texture quite a bit though. You could also make your own whipped cream, but that would change the nutritional values. Let me know if you try either of these substitutions!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips