This and That

Hello friends! As I'm sure some of you have noticed, I've been rather M.I.A. lately. I used to post multiple times a week and now I'm down to about one or two posts a week, if I'm lucky. While this blog is meant to be a hobby for me and not a means of making money or gaining fame, I can't help but feel a little disappointed in myself for letting my beloved blog get pushed to the background of my life. Although Cooking to Perfection is still extremely important to me, there are so many other things going on in my life that are taking my focus away. Instead of trying to force myself to find time to do a post here and there, I have decided to take a mini break. This is most definitely not a permanent break. I'm treating this more as a vacation--just a time to take a breather and focus on other events, people, and things that need my attention at this time. But don't think you are getting rid of me for good! And, as a friendly reminder, I am still a recipe contributor over at Cocktails With Mom and I post bimonthly. I am also a co-founder of Reading and Recipes, which posts on Thursday every week. So if you feel so inclined, please come visit me on either of those sites and say hello. Or say hello here! I'll still check back periodically.

And to end this post on a happy note, I'm sharing with you a recent recipe that I posted on Reading and Recipes: Mixed Berry Cobbler. This might be the quintessential summer dessert because it is loaded with fresh, juicy berries, is light and refreshing yet satisfyingly delicious, and is served in a mason jar. The only downside is having to heat your oven, and that can be a major downside if you are experiencing the kind of heat and humidity D.C. has in the past week. But let's be serious, the end result is worth a little extra heat in your kitchen. Head on over to Reading and Recipes to get the recipe! And feel free to leave a comment. :)


Talk to you soon! 

Elaine
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips