Mini Cheesecakes

I'm all about mini foods lately, especially dessert recipes for one or two people. There is something so aethetically pleasing about miniature desserts. They just look better and somehow taste better. I always want ten more mini cupcakes or mini cookies, but am usually all set after eating one cupcake. Is it a mental thing? Or are mini desserts just that irresistable?


Continuing my mini dessert obsession, I figured I'd make mini cheesecakes. When I originally found this recipe, I thought it would only make a few cheesecakes; turns out I had enough batter to fill every one of my cute, petite, pre-made graham cracker crusts. Love it when kitchen surprises work out in my favor!


Not only are these cheesecakes adorable, but they are a cinch to make. Only five ingredients, one mixing bowl required, and ten minutes of your time is all it takes to prep these delights for the oven. The worst part about this recipe is waiting for the cheesecakes to cool completely in the refrigerator before devouring. My impatient self stuck one in the freezer so that I could speed up the cooling process. Thirty minutes later and I was in cheesecake heaven.


Another great thing about this recipe is that they are plain, mini cheesecakes, which means you can jazz them up however you see fit. I decided to drizzle mine with some raspberry chocolate hot fudge sauce that was slightly warmed. Talk about amazing! But you can top your cheesecake with fruit, caramel sauce, whipped cream, chocolate chips, candy, nuts, or whatever you are craving. There is nothing that won't taste amazing with this rich yet fluffy mini dessert.


Mini Cheesecakes (adapted from Dessert for Two)
(6 cheesecakes)

6 pre-made mini graham cracker crusts
6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the mini crusts on a baking sheet.

Add the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla to a mixing bowl. Mix ingredients together with an electric mixer until they are well blended and very smooth.

Divide the batter between the pre-made crusts. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cheesecakes are set and no longer giggle in the middle when moved. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before putting them in the refrigerator. Refrigerate the cheesecakes for 1-2 hours, or until chilled. Serve plain, with fruit, hot fudge, caramel drizzle, or other toppings.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 255.4
Total Fat: 15.6 g
Cholesterol: 62.0 mg
Sodium: 209.9 mg
Total Carbs: 26.8 g
Fiber: 0.3 g
Sugars: 21.1 g
Protein: 4.0 g

Pros:
-Simple list of ingredients
-Easy and quick to make
-Pretty presentation
-Makes a small amount (can easily be doubled)
-Versatile-serve with fruit, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, or other toppings

Cons:
-Must wait for cheesecakes to cool completely before eating!

This recipe can also be found on Reading and Recipes! Check it out. :)

Elaine

14 comments:

  1. Oh these look perfect. I love individual sized desserts. Helps with portion control and keeps my kids from arguing over who got "more"!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's not to love about individual sized desserts?! Everyone is happy :)

      Delete
  2. I love cheesecake in any which way. And especially mini versions. I just made cheesecake bars last weekend, and they were gobbled up quickly - and I'm still thinking about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your bars looked sooo good, Sally! Cheesecake is definitely a weakness of mine.

      Delete
  3. I love mini desserts and cheesecake, and I love that I would get my own WHOLE CHEESECAKE! So much better than a slice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Plus, these mini cheesecakes have more graham cracker crust per serving than a slice of cheesecake. Hard to bear that. :)

      Delete
  4. So, mini cheesecakes mean I can eat like, all of them, right? Since each mini cheesecake probably (roughly) equates to like, a quarter of a regular slice, right? (Don't shake me out of my denial). Drooooling over these, Elaine! I mega heart cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, Hayley! I mean mini anything has mini calories...right? I'm just going to roll with it.

      Delete
  5. Yummy! This is just a terrific recipe. I cannot wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We would all like to keep ourselves comfort recipes and as we all know, sweets and delicious deserts don't jive well with the idea of healthy food and snacks that will help keep one healthy and fit. It surely is heaven sent, with this Diabetic Friendly Bakery offering all out favorite treats without the guilt trip and worry of getting unhealthy or gaining a few pounds.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips