Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies {Small Batch}

Is there anything better than a perfect chocolate chip cookie? I know there are plenty of extravagent desserts made with the most spectacular ingredients, but who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies? It's a universal dessert that pleases just about every taste bud out there. And what makes a perfect chocolate chip cookie? Crumbly and thin? No thanks. Lacking flavor or texture? Gross. Chewy, thick, melt-in-your mouth delicious? Yes, please! These cookies fit that description to a T.


The balance of brown sugar and granulated sugar combined with a touch of cornstarch and refrigerating the cookie dough before baking are all secrets behind achieving uber thick and chewy cookies. {You can use these tips in just about any cookie recipe, for future reference!}


In addition to being the perfect chocolate chip cookie, this recipe only makes four cookies. Yep, four. Feel free to double or triple this recipe to make a few more if you have more self control than I do. If I had that many cookies hanging around you better believe that I'll devour each and every cookie myself. I need to do something to help my lack of self control! It is still bikini season after all. Two dozen chocolate chip cookies would not look good on my thighs; so, I made a tiny batch. Your welcome to all of you sweetaholics out there.


This might be my favorite dessert recipe to date. It's a classic that is perfected and only comes in small quantities. Let's just hope that I can keep from making this recipe each night!

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies {Small Batch} (adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction)
(4 cookies)

2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
1 Tbsp plus 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
1 Tbsp egg substitute (or crack one egg, beat it, and use 1 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cornstarch
pinch of salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick mat. Set aside.

Add the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar to a mixing bowl. Mix with a fork until ingredients are combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and combine all of the ingredients. Add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt and slowly stir ingredients together. Fold in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.

Roll the dough into four balls and place on cookie sheet. Dot the top of each cookie with a few more chocolate chips. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake! The cookies will appear soft and undercooked, but I promise they are done. Remove the cookies from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 179.8
Total Fat: 8.9 g
Cholesterol: 15.5 mg
Sodium: 59.4 mg
Total Carbs: 61.2 g
Fiber: 1.0 g
Sugars: 15.9 g
Protein: 2.1 g

Pros:
-Very easy to make
-Quick clean-up
-Perfect amount to satisfy a sweet tooth
-Can easily be doubled to make more cookies
-Stay fresh and chewy for up to 5 days in an airtight container
-Versatile-add your favorite chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, or candies

Cons:
-High in fat and calories per cookie (can use light butter to reduce this)

This recipe can also be found on my other blog, Reading and Recipes! Check it out!

Elaine

10 comments:

  1. Love small batch cookie recipes! Easier to not over do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 cookies?! Mine would never make it to the oven, I eat that amount in cookie dough alone. :) I'm with you that there is nothing better than a big chewy cookie. I don't know how people love the thin crisp ones, but to each their own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so hard not to eat all of the dough, because usually that is my favorite part. But these cookies are so good baked that I kept reminding myself to not eat it all!

      Delete
  3. Charlotte MooreFriday, June 28, 2013

    Yes, thick and chewy!!! Even though I am not fond of chocolate chips. I do like chocolate chunks though. STRANGE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely prefer chocolate chunks, especially if they are good quality. So nothing strange about that, Charlotte. :)

      Delete
  4. Love how light and fluffy these look!! Delish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some of the thickest, fluffiest, chewiest cookies I've ever made. So, of course, they are one of my favorites!! :)

      Delete
  5. HOW I FINALLY GOT CURED FROM HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2 THROUGH HERBALIST RAZOR HERBAL MEDICINE, What else can I say about him [HERBALIST RAZOR], today I am very grateful to him as I am finally cured of herpes Virus 1&2 . I know there are many people out there who are also in searching for cure to one disease or the other, you can as well get Dr Razor the great now for herbal medicine help through his contact address on herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com also on mobile what's app no +2349065420442 as I fully believe he is able and capable also getting rid of disease like HIV/AIDS, HPV, CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS A.B,C,D,E . : Herbalist Razor Facebook PAGE : https://www.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure/
    Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips