Southern Style Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

I don't know about where y'all live, but it has been so hot and humid around D.C. lately. On days with temperatures above 90 degrees and air thick as water, I hardly want to eat, much less turn on the oven. My slow cooker and making salads or cold meals are a life saver on scorching spring and summer days.

One of my favorite recipes to make in the slow cooker is BBQ chicken. We sure love our BBQ in the South. Depending on which southern state you visit, you can get all different sorts of BBQ. In NC, we prefer vinegar based BBQ sauce, which is what I used in this Southern Style Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sandwich recipe. And just because you don't turn on your oven doesn't mean you have to sacrifice flavor. Although this BBQ chicken is made in a slow cooker, it is just as tender, flavorful, and juicy as the BBQ pork or chicken that is cooked low and slow on the grill.


So, if you are experiencing scorching hot days like me, give your oven a break and grab your slow cooker. These sandwiches are a cinch to make and will keep your kitchen cool and family happy.

Please visit Cocktails with Mom to get the recipe!

{I have been asked to contribute recipes to Cocktails with Mom a couple of times a month (today being my first featured recipe-woohoo!). Please browse Cocktails with Mom and check out today's recipe and future recipes that I'll post on there. Thanks for your support!}

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info for BBQ Chicken with bun and coleslaw
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 509.1
Total Fat: 13.9 g
Cholesterol: 88.9 mg
Sodium: 1023.2 mg
Total Carbs: 57.1 g
Fiber: 1.4 g
Sugars: 15.3 g
Protein: 38.2 g

Pros:
-Very easy to make
-Quick clean-up
-Great summertime recipe
-Southern classic
-BBQ chicken is great served unadorned, on a sandwich, or on top of a salad

Cons:
-High in sodium (consider cutting out the seasoning salt and using a low sodium BBQ sauce)

Elaine

6 comments:

  1. BBQ sandwiches are one of our favorite meals, and I love that you can do it in the slow cooker! My Dad is from NC so we grew up eating the vinegary type sauce and just adore it. I think I could smother anything in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have such similar tastes in food, Ashley! I love it. :)

      Delete
  2. This has my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW I FINALLY GOT CURED FROM HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2 THROUGH HERBALIST RAZOR HERBAL MEDICINE, What else can I say about him [HERBALIST RAZOR], today I am very grateful to him as I am finally cured of herpes Virus 1&2 . I know there are many people out there who are also in searching for cure to one disease or the other, you can as well get Dr Razor the great now for herbal medicine help through his contact address on herbalistrazorherbalhome@gmail.com also on mobile what's app no +2349065420442 as I fully believe he is able and capable also getting rid of disease like HIV/AIDS, HPV, CANCER, ALS, HEPATITIS A.B,C,D,E . : Herbalist Razor Facebook PAGE : https://www.facebook.com/HerbalistrazorMedicinalcure/
    Website : https://herbalistrazorherb.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips