Pumpkin Biscoff Cookies

Yes, my first pumpkin recipe! I tried to wait until the first day of fall to make something with pumpkin, but I. just. couldn't. resist. Seeing so many people blogging about pumpkin and making things with pumpkin got the best of me. I'm only human, after all. Even though I broke down and used pumpkin before September 22, I'm perfectly ok with that because these cookies are amazing.


I've been seeing a ton of pumpkin recipes and wanted to try something new. Something different than any recipe I've seen. Something melt-in-your-mouth, go-back-for-thirds delicious. Something that has autumn written all over it. And these cookies fit that description perfectly. And how could they not? They have pumpkin and Biscoff. Two amazing ingredients used in a recipe can only mean one thing-a cookie that's almost too good to be true.


These thick and chewy cookies are almost like little cakes. The sweet, creamy Biscoff Spread complements the pumpkin perfectly. And with a little cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice thrown in, all of the ingredients come together to make the ultimate fall cookie.


I decided to make these Pumpkin Biscoff Cookies three ways: plain, with Dark Chocolate Raisinets, and with semi-sweet chocolate chips. While I thought white chocolate chips and pecans would be nice additions as well, I had to draw the line somewhere! It is really hard to decide which kind is my favorite. I think it is a tie between the plain cookies and Raisinet cookies. The cookies made with Raisinets add more depth of flavor with the sweet raisins and rich dark chocolate. If you like pairing pumpkin and chocolate (and enjoy raisins too), I would definitely recommend trying these. But the plain are so good too! Sometimes less is more, and in this case that might definitely be true. Feel free to experiment and add different ingredients to a few cookies. There is absolutely no way you can screw these up, you can only make them even more perfect!

Pumpkin Biscoff Cookies (adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe)
(about 3 dozen cookies)

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup Biscoff Spread
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
optional: 1 1/2 cups Dark Chocolate Raisinets
or 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or Silpat mat.

Add butter, Biscoff Spread, and sugars to a bowl. Using a stand mixer or hand held mixer, cream ingredients for 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until ingredients are well incorporated. Add pumpkin and blend. Scrape down sides of bowl and make sure all ingredients are well incorporated.

In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix until just combined, careful not to over mix. If adding optional ingredients, fold those in now.

Drop large tablespoon size dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-11 minutes, or until cookies are set (they should not brown). Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack and cooling completely.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 36
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 90.9
Total Fat: 4.1 g
Cholesterol: 12.0 mg
Sodium: 43.1 mg
Total Carbs: 14.1 g
Fiber: 0.4 g
Sugars: 8.2 g
Protein: 1.1 g

Pros:
-Perfect for fall!
-Easy to make
-Easy clean-up
-Prep and cook time are less than an hour
-Versatile-add Raisinets, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or nuts to batter, or make a caramel, pumpkin, or cream cheese frosting to top them with
-Crowd pleaser

Cons:
-Biscoff Spread can be hard to find and expensive in certain areas (if you can't find Biscoff Spread, just eliminate it and make the recipe with 1 cup unsalted butter)

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

26 comments:

  1. What a great idea for Fall! I am hosting an "It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party" .... I would like to invite you to share this project, and other Fall related projects/recipes, you may have. All links will be pinned to a board dedicated to the party. You can find the party at Love Bakes Good Cakes. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I went ahead and linked this recipe. Thanks for hosting this fabulous link party. Can't wait to browse and try some of the other recipes :)

      Delete
  2. Hey this is awesome...I want about two dozen please...saw you at Love Bakes Good Cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha they are so good I should think about selling them! If you are ever in D.C., let me know and I'll make you a batch :) Thanks for clicking on my link and checking out this recipe!

      Delete
  3. Love it ... wanna try it ... now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum - I am really into pumpkin and biscoff - will have to try these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too. Individually they are great, and together they make the perfect fall duo!

      Delete
  5. This is a yummy recipe! I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday and shared it with us! Thanks! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/cast-party-wednesday-link-party-60/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for introducing me to this link party! I added this recipe and have been enjoying looking at the other fabulous recipes posted.

      Delete
  6. I have been known to eat Biscoff out of the jar! I love that stuff. I can't imagine how wonderful it would be mixed with pumpkin!

    I would love it if you would stop by my blog at http://FeedingBig.blogspot.com and join the linky party, Foodie Friends Friday!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe and hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating Biscoff straight out of the jar is one of the best ways to eat it! But pairing it with pumpkin is good too :) Thanks for sharing your link party!

      Delete
  7. These look wonderful and I always have biscoff in my cupboard, along with a can of pumpkin... My husband eats biscoff on everything. I am going to be trying these. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two things are always in my pantry too. You can never get enough pumpkin or Biscoff!! And if your husband likes Biscoff that much, he'll love these cookies. Thanks for clicking on my recipe at the link party!

      Delete
  8. I love raisinettes, but have not put them in my cookies/muffins, but since you mentioned it, I will try it!
    Thanks for linking up with FFF.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raisinets go well in Oatmeal Raisin Cookies too :) Thanks for clicking on my recipe at the link party!

      Delete
  9. Pumpkin and Biscoff....Get in my belly!! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for clicking on my recipe at the link party!

      Delete
  10. I never thought about pairing biscoff with pumpkin...I bet that tastes awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an idea that just hit me. I'm so glad it did because they really do taste awesome! The combination turned out so well, in fact, that I'm thinking about trying a pumpkin cupcake with Biscoff frosting soon. I'll keep you posted on how they turn out :)

      Delete
  11. These cookies were yummy and they are my host favorite for the Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party... I like your idea above of pumpkin cupcake with Biscoff frosting. If you would like to have the host favorite button on your page you can go to http://www.foodiefriendsfriday.com/p/get-our-buttons.html to get it. Hope you join us this week with some more great recipes. Marlys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm so glad that you liked this recipe. And I'm honored that these cookies were chosen as your favorite. I'm proudly displaying your button on my side bar. Thank you!!

      Delete
  12. Thank you! I try to provide as much information as possible, so I'm glad this post was useful for you. Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the idea of using Biscoff in them! Sounds great! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin and Biscoff are a match made in heaven. Thanks Karyn!

      Delete
  14. These look amazing - pumpkin and biscoff! Do you think I could make these with whole wheat flour?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips