Cookie Dough Fudge

One of the best things about baking cookies is the cookie dough. Anyone who bakes cookies regularly and denies licking the spatula or beaters is highly suspicious. It takes a very strong person to resist the sweet and scrumptious batter. And to be totally honest, I've been known to make cookie dough (or buy pre-made cookie dough...hello college) and eat all.of.it. This is a little embarrassing to admit, but the first step in fixing a serious sweet tooth problem is recognizing it, right?


As I'm typing this, I'm getting flashbacks to my mom yelling at me for eating too much cookie dough. "That has raw egg in it, Elaine. You are going to get sick!" Ok Mom, you finally win. This recipe lets me have raw cookie dough without the raw egg!


This Cookie Dough Fudge has cookie dough mixed throughout it. Yep, yummy cookie dough goodness in every bite. If you are a total cookie dough fanatic, I recommend doubling the cookie dough batter, mixing half of it into the fudge batter (as said in the instructions), and using the other half of the cookie dough to drop mini pieces throughout the fudge before it sets. Talk about cookie dough madness!


But that's getting ahead of myself. Sticking to the recipe I'm posting, this fudge has cookie dough flavors and mini chocolate chips mixed throughout. Each and every bite will taste like an indulgent piece of cookie dough heaven. On top of how glorious this fudge tastes, it couldn't be easier to make. The hardest part is waiting for the fudge to set. And for someone who loves her cookie dough and can be mighty impatient when my sweet cravings hit, this was the biggest challenge of this recipe. But trust me, the wait is well worth it!

Cookie Dough Fudge (adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction)
(16 squares)

Cookie Dough Batter:
1/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour

Fudge Batter:
1/3 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup milk (or half and half or cream)
4-6 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips plus more to sprinkle on top of fudge

Line an 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil. Set aside. 

To prepare cookie dough batter, mix the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Cream ingredients together. Add the vanilla extract and milk to creamed ingredients, and mix in. Add flour, mixing until just incorporated. Set aside.

To make the fudge, add the butter, brown sugar, and milk to a saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Whisk in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until completely mixed in and no clumps remain. The more powdered sugar you add, the firmer and sweeter the fudge will be (I added about 4 1/2 cups and my fudge was pretty soft).

Add the cookie dough batter to the fudge batter. Stir until thoroughly mixed. The fudge mixture should be cooled to room temperature (if not, continue stirring until it's no longer warm). Fold in mini chocolate chips.* Pour fudge batter into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle a few more mini chocolate chips on top of fudge. Chill for about 4 hours, or until set. Cut into squares. Store left overs in refrigerator.

*If you want to take my advice and have doublely delicious cookie dough fudge by having chunks of cookie dough throughout the fudge, make another batch of the cookie dough batter but do not add the milk and add about 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, or enough to make a thicker dough. Fold in some mini chocolate chips and make small cookie dough balls. Fold the cookie dough balls into the fudge at the same time you mix in the mini chocolate chips. You want to make sure the fudge is completely cooled so the cookie dough balls remain intact. 

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 287.0
Total Fat: 9.7 g
Cholesterol: 21.1 mg
Sodium: 8.3 mg
Total Carbs: 54.4 g
Fiber: 0.5 g
Sugars: 50.6 g
Protein: 1.0 g

Pros:
-Great Christmas treat/gift
-Fun and different fudge flavor
-Easy to make
-No oven required

Cons:
-Caloric

Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

This is the eleventh week of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats blog hop hosted by Meal Planning Magic! Can't believe it's almost over! Check out the recipes other bloggers are sharing by clicking on the pictures below.




Elaine

12 comments:

  1. Just pass me that entire pan of fudge...I love to eat cookie dough:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you and me both, Jocelyn! This fudge allows us to enjoy cookie dough without feeling guilty about making cookie dough...and not having any baked cookies to show for it. :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous idea, Elaine - now we can all openly indulge in our love of eating cookie dough without the spectre of food poisoning hanging over our heads! This fudge looks AMAZING - I would happily dig into the pan with a spoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nancy! We are on the same page. I am going to make this fudge again soon with the pieces of cookie dough mixed throughout the fudge. I'll be in cookie dough heaven!!

      Delete
  3. Elaine - This looks amazing. I can't wait to try it! I loved raw cookie dough too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annamaria! If you love raw cookie dough, you are going to lovvve this recipe!

      Delete
  4. So glad you made this and loved it Elaine - and WHO doesn't love cookie dough? This is my favorite fudge recipe, for sure. I haven't made it in awhile but you are tempting me too. OR I may just make chocolate chip cookies (just so I can "taste" the dough! ) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha good luck getting any of that cookie dough in the oven! That's the dangerous thing about making cookie dough and refrigerating it overnight...usually half of the cookie dough is gone before I get around to baking it! Oops :)

      Delete
  5. OMG, this looks insane! Just when I thought I was done with candy making, I had to see this! I might have to make this for my sister this year! It looks amazing and I would definitely add the extra cookie dough, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you add the extra cookie dough, let me know how it turns out! It's on my list of things to try before Christmas too. :)

      Delete
  6. Mm, cookie dough is my favorite, Elaine! SO rich and yummy--a total comfort food! This fudge looks so melt-in-your-mouth perfect, and I think it'd be perfect to give as gifts, though knowing me, I'd eat everyone's present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO hard packaging up all of this fudge and not keeping it for myself. Serious self control was needed. Good thing I plan on making this recipe again. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips