Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip

Can y'all believe that 2012 is almost over? I feel like this year has flown by! I know people always say that, but honestly March feels like just yesterday. The days are long, but the years are short indeed.


With the new year less than a day away, what is everyone doing to celebrate? Going out to a party, bar, or restaurant? Having a get together at your place? Having a low key night with the people who mean the most and watching the ball drop at midnight? No matter what your plans are tonight, this is the perfect appetizer to whip up quickly and munch on before your festivities begin.


The great thing about this dip is that it is wonderfully creamy and delicious but has less than 70 calories per serving. I know...I almost couldn't believe it either. Keep things skinny by serving this dip with an array of veggies, or toss in a few carbs with pita chips, crackers, or crusty bread. Because this dip is practically good for you, you won't feel weighed down when you are hitting the dance floor, snuggling on the couch, playing games, or whatever activities you have planned for the night. So go ahead and make this scrumptious snack and have a happy and safe new year! Talk to you in 2013!

Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip (adapted from Skinnytaste)
(makes about 4 cups)

14 ounces artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
1 large shallot, chopped
1 clove of garlic
12 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
6 ounces fat free plain yogurt
1/2 cup Light Miracle Whip (or light mayo)
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, divided

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.

Add artichoke hearts, shallot, and garlic to a food processor and coarsely chop.

In a large mixing bowl, combined artichoke mixture with drained spinach, yogurt, Miracle Whip, Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Mix until ingredients are combined.

Pour dip into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown and the dip is bubbling. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 68.8
Total Fat: 3.3 g
Cholesterol: 9.5 mg
Sodium: 202.3 mg
Total Carbs: 5.0 g
Fiber: 1.4 g
Sugars: 0.7 g
Protein: 5.8 g

Pros:
-Easy to make
-Can be prepared a day in advance and baked before serving
-Very delicious
-Does not taste skinny!
-Crowd pleaser

Cons:
-Slightly high in sodium per serving

Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

Elaine

12 comments:

  1. mmmm this is exactly what I should've made last night! I'm feeling slightly guilty about all the goodies I ate. WIll have to try this next time Elaine! It looks amazing. I LOVE spin artichoke dip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the perfect appetizer because you can indulge and not feel guilty! It's definitely one of my favorite dip recipes.

      Delete
  2. Definitely making this the next time we have people over.. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taryn! Thanks for stopping by. I'm so glad that you left a comment so that I was able to discover your blog! This dip will definitely be a huge hit the next time you have people over. :)

      Delete
  3. i was going to make this for the new years day football games..but my mom brought instead...i may just have to make on my own to eat on my own this weekend...since I am pretty sure I could eat a whole dish of this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could eat the whole thing by myself too...and I practically did! Thank God it's a skinny version!

      Delete
  4. Spinach artichoke dip is always one of my faves. I like that you made a skinny version so there is no guilt in indulging. Thank you for sharing your recipe on Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party. Make sure to come back on Sunday to vote for your favorite recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skinny and delicious is always the way to go! I'll be sure to come back tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. I llooooovvvvve spinach & artichoke dip and a year or two ago created a lighter version too b/c I could seriously sit down to a bowl of dip and not come up for air :) Yours looks amazing! And rich and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the same obsession with spinach artichoke dip! It's seriously one of my weaknesses. This recipe allowed me to indulge without feeling *too* guilty after. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips