Roasted Chickpeas

I have a confession to make: I'm a snacker. The first part about changing is admitting that you have a problem, right? My problem, or one of them at least, is snacking. When I'm bored, I snack. When I'm hungry, I snack. When I'm thirsty, I snack. When I have a craving, I snack. When I'm up late and think it's time for fourth meal, I snack. I have a snacking problem. Help!


Good thing there are healthy snacks out there to keep us snackaholics in a reasonable weight range. These Roasted Chickpeas are right up there with other wholesome snacks like hummus and veggies, Greek yogurt, and apples with two tablespoons of peanut butter (but really, who can stop at two?). At less than 100 calories per serving, these crunchy, spicy roasted chickpeas satisfy even the most intense snack-attack. Better yet, this snack is so simple to make: buy a couple cans of chickpeas, grab a few of your favorite spices, preheat the oven, and voila, you have yourself a snack that will last you the entire week.

{Before roasting}

Just as easy as making these crunchy delights is eating them. So for all of my fellow snackaholics, instead of changing our "problem", let's just change what we eat. When you have a salty craving and you find yourself reaching for the Doritos, do yourself a favor and take 5 minutes to prep this recipe. I promise your taste buds and thighs will thank you.

{Crisp and crunchy after roasting}

Roasted Chickpeas (adapted from Whole Living)
(2 cups)

2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
salt
black pepper
cumin
cayenne
Italian seasoning
any other seasonings that you want to add

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with foil, making sure to cover the entire cookie sheet. (This makes clean-up a breeze.)

Pour chickpeas onto prepared cookie sheet. Sprinkle all of the seasonings, as much or as little as you want, over top of the chickpeas. Lightly toss the chickpeas in the seasonings. Place the cookie sheet in the preheat oven and bake for 30 minutes, shaking the pan every 10 minutes to move the chickpeas.

Remove the chickpeas from the oven and let come to room temperature. Store the chickpeas in an airtight container for up to a week.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 95.2
Total Fat: 0.9 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 336.1 mg
Total Carbs: 18.1 g
Fiber: 3.5 g
Sugars: 0.0 g
Protein: 4.0 g

Elaine

3 comments:

  1. I'm a snacker too...SO bad! I will have to try this recipe, thanks for sharing!

    -AJ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips