Detox Recipe Round-Up

If you are one of those people who hates the word "detox" like I talked about in this post, you might want to reconsider your feelings. I've done various cleanses, detoxes, and other modified diets, and I've had the best experience with this particular detox. I feel better all around--I sleep better, I am not reliant on caffeine to get through the day, my skin looks better, and I'm not constantly craving sweets or salty snacks. I also lost a few lbs, but that is just an added bonus to how great my body and mind feel. If you are interested in trying a detox, I highly recommend browsing Whole Living for their wellness plans (I used the 2011, specifically). Here are the do's and don'ts of the exact detox that I did.

Need more convincing? How about that before my detox, I couldn't survive a day without a few cups of coffee, something sweet after every meal, and carbs with every meal. And when I say carbs, I mean the most decadent bread or pastas; not exactly whole grain, healthy carbs. And when I say sweets, let's just say that ice cream didn't last long in my house. Modifying your diet for a couple of weeks does wonders to how your body reacts to the foods you feed it and how foods actually taste. I can't even eat some of the sweets that I was accustomed to devouring because they are too sweet now. Never thought I'd say that!

If you aren't ready to commit two weeks to a detox, try a few days; every little bit counts. Here are a few detox recipes that I love. Even though I'm officially done with my detox, I plan on continuing to make these recipes because they are tasty and great for you. Let me know if you have a favorite detox recipe--I'd love to add more to my repertoire.

Salads


Soups and Stews


Entrees

Sides


Snacks and Smoothies

Elaine

8 comments:

  1. This makes me want to do a detox... except the no alcohol part :) so happy you're blogging again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is incredible how your body reacts to the same foods you used to eat differently! I also can't get through my day without coffee and sweets...I hope one of these days I will finally be ready to give them up! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristi! It is amazing what a few changes can do for your body.

      Delete
  3. The Garlicky Chickpea Soup is now a weekly standard at our house--detox or no detox! It's cheap, easy, and delicious the first day or for leftovers. What's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome round up, Elaine! Just what we all need to help us keep our resolutions, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Whitney! Hope this round-up helps with those resolutions :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips