Spicy Broiled Tilapia

My last detox recipe--so bittersweet. I've actually been done with my detox for a few days now, but this recipe was just too easy and way too delicious not to post.

Getting back to being done with my detox already...I kind of miss it. Is that weird? I mean, obviously I love being reunited with all of my favorite foods, but I miss the challenge of finding recipes that fit the detox rules and testing them in my kitchen. For this reason, I'm considering continuing the detox for a while, allowing for a few cheat days or meals every now and again; the best of both worlds.


And this Spicy Broiled Tilapia recipe will definitely be made many more times in my kitchen, whether I'm detoxing or not. The ease of prepping the fish (just season both sides), time it takes to broil the fish (less than 10 minutes), and how flavorful the end result is (with a touch of heat for those of you who love spicy foods), how could I not want to make this again? I also made a few different meals using this spicy tilapia--my favorite being the deconstructed fish taco: Spicy Broiled Tilapia top with corn relish, black bean salsa, homemade guacamole, a touch of cilantro, and sans tortilla but with a generous portion of rice on the side; perfection. However you choose to make your meal using this tilapia, I am confident that you will be in love with the taste and ease of this recipe.


Spicy Broiled Tilapia (adapted from My Recipes)
(4 servings)

1 lb. tilapia fillets
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat broiler.

Meanwhile, line a cookie sheet with foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray. This will make clean-up a breeze.

Mix all of the spices together. Lay the fillets on the cookie sheet. Season both sides of each fish fillet.

Place fish in the preheated oven. Broil for 5-6 minutes, possibly more depending on the thickness of the fillets. Watch the fish closely while it is broiling. The fish is done when it begins to flake when touched with a fork. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 108.0
Total Fat: 1.9 g
Cholesterol: 55.0 mg
Sodium: 349.7 mg
Total Carbs: 0.0 g
Fiber: 0.0 g
Sugars: 0.0 g
Protein: 22.6 g

Elaine

1 comment:

  1. Delish! I love the texture and taste of tilapia! That recipe of yours surely is a perfect media for my tilapia cravings. Kudos to you for adding nutritional facts on the recipe. I bet that would help a lot of your readers, who are watching their diets. Thank you for sharing!

    Debbie Zuniga @ Checkers Burgers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips