S'mores Truffles


It's that time of the week again: 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats blog hop hosted by Meal Planning Magic! As always, it's never to late to join the blog hop. If you are a blogger and want to get in the Christmas spirit a little early this year, head on over to get more information and sign up!


It is week seven of the blog hop, which means we are over half way through the twelve weeks. This also means we are that much closer to it being Christmas. Can you believe it?! Before you know it Thanksgiving will be over and we'll be wrapping Christmas presents. Since time is flying by so fast, I figure I should share an extra special treat with you before the holidays sneak up on us.


Truffles. Who doesn't love truffles? They are petite pieces of heaven. With so many different varieties of truffles, there is a flavor for everyone. I happen to be a sucker for anything s'mores, so I thought I'd indulge in my s'mores obsession by making S'mores Truffles. Not only are these truffles decadent versions of the campfire classic, but they are a unique twist on the classic truffle. No one will expect a smooth, creamy graham cracker filling with a mini marshmallow center when they see these otherwise plain looking chocolate truffles. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with a plain chocolate truffle, surprising your guests is always fun. So, get an early start to your holiday baking (since you can freeze these for up to a month!), grab your apron and all of the ingredients, and have some fun in the kitchen with these S'mores Truffles!

S'mores Truffles
(15-20 truffles)

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (one sleeve of graham crackers)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp milk
about 30 mini marshmallows (1-2 per truffle)
10 ounces milk chocolate candy melt or almond bark

If you are making the graham cracker crumbs yourself, add one sleeve of graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Add graham cracker crumbs, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, powdered sugar, and milk to a food processor. Process until ingredients come together and make a smooth mixture. Pour truffle batter into a shallow dish, place in freezer for an hour, or until mixture is firm enough to shape into balls.

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop truffle mixture into small balls (about 0.3-0.5 ounces). Take one ball, flatten it out a little, place one or two mini marshmallows in the center, and top with another small ball. Roll truffle in your hand, making sure marshmallows and completely covered by truffle. Place on parchment paper. Repeat process for all of truffle mixture. Cover truffles with plastic wrap and put back into freezer until ready to coat.

Melt chocolate candy melt according to package directions. Place one truffle on a fork. Hold truffle over melted chocolate, spooning melted chocolate over truffle until it's fully covered. Return truffle to parchment paper by carefully pushing the truffle off of the fork with a spoon or toothpick. Repeat for remaining truffles. Chill the truffles in the refrigerator until set, or about an hour. You can store the truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week or freeze for a month.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 15
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 207.9
Total Fat: 13.6 g
Cholesterol: 20.1 mg
Sodium: 115.8 mg
Total Carbs: 20.3 g
Fiber: 0.7 g
Sugars: 15.4 g
Protein: 2.6 g

Pros:
-Impressive
-Delicious
-Pretty presentation
-Can make up to a month ahead of time
-Great for parties or to give as a gift
-Crowd pleaser

Cons:
-Time consuming to make
-High in calories, fat, and sugar

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

I am entering this recipe in the Creative Holiday Recipe Contest hosted by Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and Cookies and Cups! Click here and check out other recipes submitted!


Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

Check out all of the Christmas treats from this week! Click on the picture to see the full recipe.


39 comments:

  1. I love the hidden marshmallow in the center:-) These look so very good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jocelyn! I always love little surprises, so what better way to make a s'mores truffle than with a hidden marshmallow? :)

      Delete
  2. My husband would FLIP over these! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are little pieces of s'mores heaven. I'm sure he's going to love them, and I hope you do too!

      Delete
  3. Oh my these look really delicious! It just goes to show how s'mores can be enjoyed even at Christmas time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Any recipe that allows me to enjoy s'mores in the winter is a winner in my book. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow - this is the first time I've heard of s'mores truffles. These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eva! It was one of those random ideas that just hit me. I love s'mores, so I try to think of just about any way to incorporate them into my diet. :)

      Delete
  5. s'mores truffles!!! I love these! I am a big fan of truffles. they are just SO easy. And Elaine.. I love your food styling here. The bowl of marshmallows and chocolate chips... I can tell you are working hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally! That means a lot! I've been trying to work with my limited resources. I have the Plate to Pixel book and Lightroom4 on my list of things to purchase soon, so hopefully you'll see even more improvements!

      Delete
  6. Yum! Truffles and s'mores -what a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! It's hard to beat the combination of truffles and s'mores!

      Delete
  7. My family loves s'mores. This is a great idea and I think your truffles would be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who loves s'mores will love these truffles. This recipe is also a lot of fun to make, so maybe you could make it a family activity. :) Fun to make, and even more fun to eat!

      Delete
  8. I make truffles every Christmas but I've never made S'mores truffles before-they sound decadent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that truffles are associated with Christmas! I usually go a little truffle crazy this time of year. What other kinds have you made? Any unique flavors I should try?

      Delete
  9. Oh my goodness! Gotta try these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, Karen! They are perfect for holiday entertaining, or when you get a random s'mores craving. :)

      Delete
  10. These look like a MUST for me to make this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Laurie! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! :)

      Delete
  11. That center marshmallow is my favorite! These look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a fun surprise?! I think it's my favorite thing about this recipe too. :)

      Delete
  12. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back Sunday to vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be sure to come back tomorrow to vote. :)

      Delete
  13. Oh Please send some of those my way! Soo yummy Looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha well if I ever set up a mail order service, I'll let you know Chandra. :)

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina! They are as fun to make as they are to eat!

      Delete
  15. Petite pieces of heaven is right... especially with a surprise marshmallow center!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janine! The hidden marshmallow is my favorite part. :)

      Delete
  16. Yummy! These look fabulous!

    ~Steph @ Silver Boxes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Steph! I hope you give this recipe a try!

      Delete
  17. Thanks! I'll be sure to stop by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never tried truffles before but this looks sooo tasty! Thanks for sharing it at our Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, you don't know what you are missing! I hope you try a truffle or two this holiday season. :) And thanks for the shout out on twitter!!

      Delete
  19. Oh my, I haven't had truffles in years ... looking at your amazingly delicious ones I don't even understand why not ;)
    Thank you for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza! Hope to see you there again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give them a try this holiday season! And thank you for hosting! I'll be back for sure. :)

      Delete
  20. Great recipe! Looks so yummy! Thanks you shared it to my link party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips