Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal

Since starting this blog, I've received many compliments on my oatmeal recipes. A lot of people are amazed at how I can make plain Jane, ho hum oats look tasty and delicious. I've been experimenting with different oatmeal recipes for years, so I'm always a bit shocked to hear this reaction and wonder if people actually settle for eating oatmeal with no pizazz day after day. How dreadful. While I hope that is not the case, I've made it my mission to show readers that oatmeal has a ton of potential and can be so much more than plain and boring!


Not convinced yet? Well take a look at this delectable, scrumptious, opposite-of-boring oatmeal recipe.


This recipe, like most oatmeal recipes, is super quick and easy to make. In five minutes you have a warm breakfast that smells and tastes just like a cinnamon roll. I kid you not. The cream cheese icing is what does the trick. So, the next time you are faced with a boring bowl of oatmeal, add a sprinkle of cinnamon and a bit of vanilla extract, whip up a quick cream cheese icing, and voila! You have yourself a delightful, enticing bowl of Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal.


Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal (adapted from Cooking Classy)
(1 serving)

Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal:
1/2 cup quick oats
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
optional: 1/8 tsp butter extract

Cream cheese icing:
1/2 Tbsp Neufchatel cheese, room temperature
2 tsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Mix oats, milk, water, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large, microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir. Microwave for another minute, or until oatmeal is thickened and set. Stir in vanilla extract and butter extract. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.

Meanwhile, mix ingredients for cream cheese icing in a separate bowl. Whisk until ingredients are well combined. Top oatmeal with cream cheese icing.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 256.4
Total Fat: 5.9 g
Cholesterol: 3.8 mg
Sodium: 133.1 mg
Total Carbs: 51.9 g
Fiber: 4.5 g
Sugars: 24.8 g
Protein: 6.3 g

Pros:
-Tastes just like a cinnamon roll!
-Quick and easy to make
-Pretty presentation
-Good source of fiber
-Great as a breakfast, snack, or dessert

Cons:
-High in sugar

Overall Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

16 comments:

  1. Yumm-o!! I love oatmeal in the morning and this looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my go-to breakfast, and this is one of my favorites!

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! Way better than your normal oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is soooo much better than your normal oatmeal! And so easy too. Hard to beat!

      Delete
  3. This looks so good! I really like oatmeal and cinnamon rolls, too. :)

    ahumblebumble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becca! If you love oatmeal and cinnamon rolls, then you would absolutely love this breakfast!! :)

      Delete
  4. First, love the photo! Second, this looks great, can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn! This really is a great breakfast-a healthy twist on a yummy cinnamon roll.

      Delete
  5. I bet the almond milk makes this so delicious! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea. I'd love to try this! Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine, this looks delicious! I'm loving your recipes and blog :). You should totally consider making a cookbook - maybe even an oatmeal-specific cookbook! Hope all is well with you! --Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! I do have lots of different ideas when it comes to preparing oatmeal, so maybe a cookbook is in my future. Hope you are doing well! Let me know if you ever come back up to visit.

      Delete
  8. I love to eat oatmeal for breakfast and this version looks like dessert, so what's not to love??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! A healthy breakfast that still satisfies your sweet tooth. Thanks for stopping by Mercedes! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips