Peaches 'n' Cream Smoothie

Just as I was thinking that it's getting too cold to enjoy smoothies, the weather in D.C. perks up. You aren't hearing any complaints from this girl! For someone who loathes cold weather, bulky sweaters, and snow (unless work is canceled, then that's a different story), I am welcoming every bit of warm weather that is left.


One way that I decide to enjoy this burst of warm weather is in the form of a smoothie. This should come as no surprise to you. I do love my smoothies and will use any excuse to make one. The excuse of warm weather and fresh peaches still available at my grocery store seems good enough to me. Now don't think that I'm already tired of the truly addictive Pumpkin Oatmeal Smoothie. I just like to switch things up from time to time, and this Peaches 'n' Cream Smoothie is a good substitute for my standard fall smoothie.


This smoothie is unique because it uses an ingredient that I've never used in a smoothie before: instant pudding mix. This idea came out of nowhere-literally a tiny light bulb went off inside my head. Instant pudding mixed with milk equals thick, delicious pudding, so that must mean instant pudding mixed with milk in a smoothie equals a thick, delicious, milkshake-esque smoothie. This, ladies and gentlemen, is how the brain of a food blogger works. And this out-of-left-field idea was a success! The pudding mix not only gives the smoothie a rich, vanilla, silky flavor, but it really does make the smoothie thick and creamy. Whether you try this smoothie recipe or just try adding a bit of instant pudding to your next smoothie, you definitely won't be disappointed. Now if only I could keep the warm weather around longer to experiment with all sorts of new smoothie recipes....

Peaches 'n' Cream Smoothie
(1 smoothie)

1/2 banana
1 fresh peach, peeled, pitted, and sliced (or 3/4 cup frozen peaches)
1/4 cup Chobani Peach Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk*
1 Tbsp sugar-free fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix
1-2 handfuls of ice

Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend for 30 seconds, or until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. If you want a thicker smoothie (more like a slushi), add another handful of ice; blend until smooth. Drink immediately.

*You can use soy milk or almond milk, but the instant pudding will not thicken unless you use dairy milk.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 251.7
Total Fat: 0.7 g
Cholesterol: 2.5 mg
Sodium: 100.1 mg
Total Carbs: 51.3 g
Fiber: 5.0 g
Sugars: 23.9 g
Protein: 13.0 g

Pros:
-Quick and easy to make
-Healthy
-Great source of fiber and protein
-A good breakfast, snack, or dessert

Cons:
-Possible brain freeze
-High in sugar

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

2 comments:

  1. This looks wayyy too good! How often do you head out to Harper's Ferry? Next time you do, check out Bloomery Plantation Distillery and get their Peach Liqueur! OMG! It would be great to make it more "adult"! And then, you can share it with me! (cause I don't share mine.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been, but it sounds like I need to plan a trip ASAP! Peach liqueur...where do I sign up?! haha That would be such a great addition to this smoothie.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips