Biscoff Caramel Blondies


Welcome to another week of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats blog hop hosted by Meal Planning Magic! If you are a blogger and want to get in the Christmas spirit early this year, head on over to sign up!


The past two weeks that I've participated in this blog hop, I submitted cookie recipes. This week I wanted to switch things up a bit. Instead of cookies, why not make brownies? But not just any ol' brownies...blondies! What got me thinking about blondies was my intense craving for Biscoff Spread this past week. If you have tried Biscoff Spread, you know what I mean. That craving of just wanting a spoon and an unopened jar of smooth, creamy, goodness all to yourself. Because I get these cravings quite often, I usually buy my Biscoff jars in pairs. One for me, one for the recipes.


While I was enjoying my spoonfuls of Biscoff, I thought it would be fun to bake up a sweet treat featuring none other than the delicious spread. And what goes better with Biscoff Spread than caramel? Ok, I know pumpkin goes really well with it too but I've already posted a recipe on that (check out my Pumpkin Biscoff Cookies if you're curious). So, the next best thing to pair with Biscoff after pumpkin is caramel!


The combination of these two harmonious ingredients in a sinfully rich blondie makes for one heck of a dessert. These bars are just as tasty as they are pretty. Melt a few more caramel bits and drizzle the caramel sauce over the blondies if you want to get fancy. After all, the holidays are all about getting fancy and making big impressions. Don't go this holiday season without whipping up this easy, impressive, and oh so delicious recipe!

Biscoff Caramel Blondies (adapted from Rachel Cooks)
(9 blondies)

1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup Biscoff Spread
1 egg
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup Kraft Caramel Bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Place butter and brown sugar in a medium sized pot. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in Biscoff Spread. Allow to cool.

Meanwhile, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix together.

Once butter mixture has cooled, add egg and mix until combined. Mix in vanilla extract. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.

Pour batter into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle caramel bits on top. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or blondies are set and golden brown. Cool in the pan before cutting into bars.

Print this recipe!

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 9
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 282.2
Total Fat: 10.0 g
Cholesterol: 34.4 mg
Sodium: 122.9 mg
Total Carbs: 55.1 g
Fiber: 0.6 g
Sugars: 38.9 g
Protein: 2.7 g

Pros:
-So rich and delicious
-Unique twist on classic blondies
-Pretty presentation
-Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd
-Versatile-replace Biscoff Spread with peanut butter or add chocolate chips instead of caramel bits (or add both!)

Cons:
-High in calories and sugar

Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Check out some of the link parties that I shared this recipe on!

Check out all of the Christmas treats from this week! Click on the picture to see the full recipe.


37 comments:

  1. Oh I love Blondies also! These look so good! Thanks for sharing such a great recipe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chandra! Blondies have always been a favorite of mine. :)

      Delete
  2. I have never used Biscoff before but I keep hearing about it! These look great and I just might need to go out and get some Biscoff to try them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgosh, how have you never tried Biscoff?! Maybe that's a good thing, because the stuff is seriously addictive. If you do decide to buy some Biscoff, these would be a great first recipe to try!

      Delete
  3. This really does look spectacular. I can't wait to make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have never tried Biscoff, but your recipe has definitely inspired me to find some!! These bars look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'm going to feel 100% responsible when I get all of you hooked on Biscoff. It really is an amazing ingredient-just as fun to bake with as it is to eat by the spoonful. :)

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing! Love the drizzle on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make it extra special with some drizzle. :) Thanks for stopping by Laurie!

      Delete
  6. Biscoff is one of my favorite things EVER. I know what you mean about buying one jar for you and one for the recipes. Great pick for the 12 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad to meet someone else who shares my Biscoff obsession. :) Thanks Ashley!

      Delete
  7. I haven't made anything with Biscoff yet. I think you have inspired me. I hope you will share these at my Holiday Cookie Exchange: http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/2012-cookie-exchange-cookies-and-memories/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to! Thanks for sharing the link.

      Delete
  8. These look gorgeous. I too have been on a Biscoff kick. Highly addictive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I tried to make them look as wonderful as they taste. And yes, it is so addictive that these bars were gone in less than 2 days! Dangerously good!

      Delete
  9. Hi! Visiting from a linky party :) These look incredibly tasty! I think my hubby would love these so they are going on my "Must Try' list :) Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely day!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    www.theenchantingrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment Stepahnie! I love "meeting" new people. :) That's a good call to add these to your list; you're husband will love them!

      Delete
  10. These blondies look delicious. They look easy to make too. Biscoff is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy and delicious! It's a win-win recipe for sure. :)

      Delete
  11. These look great. I can't wait to try them. Thanks for dropping by my kitchen at Tumbleweed Contessa and leaving this recipe on our Holiday Cookie Exchange. Come back by often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know about the link party! I love sharing recipes and seeing what other great recipes people have made.

      Delete
  12. Whoa! What the?? Hold the phone! That looks amazing! Good golly! Please share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to bring some with me when I come to your cake pop class Karyn! :)

      Delete
  13. Looks so delicious. I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to take credit for making these blondies look so irresistible, but that's just how amazing they are!

      Delete
  14. Biscoff plus caramel plus brownies? Holy heck! A trifecta of awesomeness!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for stopping by Erin. :)

      Delete
  15. Thank you Karyn!! You just made my day. :) Adding you to my "Featured on" tab right this second!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how I love blondies...and oh how I love them even more made with yummy Biscoff! These sound incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is better with Biscoff! :) So addictive and dangerously good.

      Delete
  17. Yumm!! Another reminder that I must go buy biscoff!! Your pics are gorgeous! I featured you from Pin It Thursday http://www.sweetbellaroos.com/2012/11/29/pin-worthy-featured-links-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Add Biscoff to your grocery list asap. It will be the best thing you've ever done :) And thanks for the feature! I've added you to my featured tab.

      Delete
  18. Oh my! These look killer! I am featuring them tonight at the Back For Seconds Social. Congrats and thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Thank you so much for featuring this recipe. :)

      Delete
  19. Love this recipe! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures. I'm featuring it this week, please stop by and grab the "I Was Featured On" button. <3 and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Debi! Thanks so much for featuring this recipe. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips